Our Chapter was awarded the Pacesetter Award by the Community Pacesetter Award committee. This award recognizes innovative and successful community initiatives. The Alberta Chapter applied on the basis of forming partnerships with numerous industry-related organizations.
A summary of the benefits of creating partnerships:
- Our members get to attend partner events at member rates.
- Provides improved networking opportunities for local professionals with a bigger pool of potential employers, colleagues, and acquaintances.
- Allows us to share programming without increasing volunteer workloads.
- Increases the variety of events we are able to offer during the year.
- Enables our Chapter to reach a wider audience.
- Increases attendance at our events.
- Promotes the presence of the Chapter to the local community.
To learn more about the Pacesetter Award, see the STC.org website.