Thank you for all who attended New Heights 2015. Check back in the new year for information on New Heights 2016!
About New Heights
The New Heights workshop is STC Alberta’s premier educational event. It began the year after STC Alberta hosted the 2003 STC Region 7 Conference. From the Region 7 Conference surplus, the chapter has been subsidizing fees for chapter members, to bring well-known international speakers to present an intensive, one-day workshop. During the workshop, the speaker presents a first-class educational experience, which makes for an ideal professional development opportunity. Attendees obtain information about a different tool or concept, or more knowledge about a familiar topic. With workshop registration, attendees also have free admission to a Meet and Greet social event the evening before the workshop. This is an excellent opportunity to meet and mingle with the speaker. STC Alberta typically holds a New Heights workshop each year.
Past New Heights Workshops
- New Heights 2015 – “Designing Documents that People Really Read and Use.” Presenter: Geoff Hart.
- New Heights 2014 – “Getting Your Small Business Started.” Presenter: Katherine (Kit) Brown-Hoekstra.
- New Heights 2013 – “Goal-directed Audience Analysis: Who’s Using your Content?” Presenter: Judith L. Glick-Smith.
- New Heights 2012 – “New Heights: “Modern Editing: Improving Product Quality.” Presenter: Linda Oestreich.
- New Heights 2011 – “The Treasure and the Hunt: Content as an Extension of User Experience.” Presenter: Rahel Anne Bailie.
- New Heights 2010 – “Instructional Design.” Presenter: Bernard Aschwanden.