The Proposal Manager can be located in either Edmonton, Alberta or Denver, Colorado.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for planning, leading, and contributing to the overall proposal development process in order to ensure that high-quality bids are delivered on time and in a well-organized fashion. Proposals are “selling documents”, and include associated marketing brochures and collateral, which the Proposal Manager will also provide key support in producing. Proposals are typically driven by government procurement activities, including requests for information (RFI) and requests for proposal (RFP).
- The Proposal Manager owns the end-to-end process for preparing and delivering proposals in response to customer requests and in complete compliance with specific government procurement requirements. As the key sales document to the target customer, the proposal and associated collateral needs to capture how our solution meets the business requirements in the most persuasive manner possible.
- Develop an overall proposal plan and lead the response team in developing themes, features and benefits, and proposal strategy.
- Develop and communicate task assignments and timelines and conduct regular follow-ups to ensure tasks are being completed as required.
- The Proposal Manager must possess strong leadership skills in guiding the proposal effort towards a successful conclusion.
- Work effectively with a cross-functional team of Sales Executives, Technical Leads, Project Managers, Legal, Financial and other resources. Lead and motivate all team members to achieve an excellent result.
- Strong negotiation skills are essential, as team members are often dealing with multiple conflicting priorities and trade-offs need to be made.
- The Proposal Manager is the final editor and owner of the finished proposal document. This requires integrating, editing, and refining the content provided by subject area experts into a final cohesive document. Close attention to overall polish and presentation is essential to ensuring a high-quality final product.
- The Proposal Manager provides a pivotal role in supporting the entire bid process. This includes not only the formal proposal response activity, but also ancillary activities including:
- Monitoring, tracking, and communicating relevant bid opportunities that are posted on various public procurement sites
- Maintaining a repository of current business, product, and technical information that is reusable for future bid responses
- Sourcing and analysis of competitor bid responses
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possesses exceptional written communication skills.
- Good grammar and English vocabulary, editing, and proofreading skills are a must.
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills are essential.
- Must possess strong leadership skills in guiding the proposal effort towards a successful conclusion.
- Familiarity with government RFP procurement processes is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Stylebook for software and Associated Press/Canadian Press Stylebooks would be helpful, but not required.
- Must have an above-average skill set using the Microsoft Office product suite, particularly Microsoft Word, in order to produce comprehensive, multi-chaptered documents, and appendices.
- Experience using popular visual design software (Adobe, etc.) to create informational graphics, charts, diagrams, and flowcharts would be ideal, but not required.
- Must be self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Communications, Applied Communications, Journalism, or Marketing is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Proposal Manager, preferably in an IT solutions environment selling to government agencies.
- Previous marketing skills would be considered a strong asset.