Using social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, can be a lot of fun and sometimes useful, but it can be a complicated world! With the rising popularity of social media, users must take a more careful approach to what they share and how much. What are the risks involved with using these media sites?
Join us on Thursday, February 21st, to learn what we can do to protect our privacy and use social media with confidence. Terry Kozlyk will discuss these issues with us from his personal experiences. Terry will also discuss new Enterprise Social Networking Software and Trends and then open the floor to questions or discussion.
About the Presenter
Terry Kozlyk, DTM, C.E.T. (Electronics) and a Distinguished Toastmaster in 2011, is a Technologist with the Engineering group at Shaw Communications. Terry has worked in the technology sector for 30+ years for several companies in their dynamic environments. Through his experiences and his affection for the power of the carefully spoken word, Terry has crafted his website, TDKtalks.com, with leadership development content, podcasts, and blog writings. In the past 5 years, Terry has been active on various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube. His website is also syndicated on iTunes.
Terry is a dynamic and engaging speaker who listens to his audience and enjoys connecting with people. His presentations can be thought provoking, entertaining, motivating, and inspiring. He has spoken to youth, ESL, new Canadians and mature audiences such as Rotary and the Optimists club. Terry is also available to speak about “INNERpreneurship – The Rise of Self Destiny” and offers a free download of his e-book from his website.
- Date: Thursday, February 21, 2013
- Time: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Program begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Innovate Calgary (IC, formerly called CTI), 3553 – 31 Street NW, Calgary, Alberta (Map)
- Directions: IC is in University Research Park just north of the University of Calgary.
- Transit: From Brentwood LRT station walk across the parking lot to IC.
- Parking: Free visitor parking available in front of the building.
- Cost (includes snacks and drinks):
- STC Alberta Members, Affiliate Members, and Non-Member Students: $10
- STC Alberta Student Members: Free
- Other STC Members (Society Members):$15
- Non-Members: $20
- Registration: Online. Cash payment is due at the door.
- Contact: Ruth Maryniuk, Program Manager