Michael Whitt and Martin Kratz of Bennett Jones will illuminate copyright law, its application to freelance editing, and the current relevant changes to copyright law proposed in Canada and the United States. Get a basic introduction to copyright principles, including liability for infringement, ownership of copyright, obtaining permissions, fair dealing, and other exemptions.
- Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2012
- Time: 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. (Sign-in at 7:00 p.m., Program starts at 7:15 p.m., Refreshments and Networking until 9:00 p.m.)
- Calgary: McDougall Centre Media Room, 455 6 Street S.W. (Map)
- Cost: Free for STC Alberta members as affiliates of CAFE, $5 for non-members
- Registration: Email by Friday, February 5. Walk-ins are also welcome.
- Contact: email@example.com
About the Presenters
Martin Kratz leads the intellectual property practice for Bennett Jones. His practice is focused around intellectual property and technology law. Michael Whitt is co-leader of the firm’s information technology practice.