We are a geographic community of the Society for Technical Communication (STC), a worldwide association dedicated to the advancement of the theory and practice of technical communication in all its facets. The STC Alberta Chapter represents technical communicators within Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories. (And there are more chapters all over the world!)
Our membership includes writers, editors, documentation specialists, translators, business analysts, multimedia artists, online Help developers, graphic designers, instructional designers, information architects, website designers, and more. Our community represents independent consultants, contractors, employees, managers, educators, and students in the field of technical communication.
Last Year’s Highlights
We kept up pace with previous years and saw several major accomplishments:
- Winning the Pacesetter Award.
- We’ve had successful Social Media expansion with Twitter and LinkedIn. In fact, in 2013, we were number 72 (up from 109 in 2012) out of 400 of Twitter’s top influencers.
- Our LinkedIn Group is maintaining a steady pace of growth with regular increases in membership. Originally it was an open group, but now it’s moderated to ensure no one unrelated to our field joins.
- Encouraging membership by highlighting numerous benefits; last year, our membership peaked at 170 and we’re working to build it up even more!
- Added numerous new volunteers throughout the year.
- And we’ve been busy with even more; see the entire list.