We are a geographic community of the Society for Technical Communication (STC), a worldwide association dedicated to the advancement of the theory and practice of technical communication in all its facets. The STC Alberta Chapter represents technical communicators within Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Northwest Territories. (And there are more chapters all over the world!)
Our membership includes writers, editors, documentation specialists, translators, business analysts, multimedia artists, online Help developers, graphic designers, instructional designers, information architects, website designers, and more. Our community represents independent consultants, contractors, employees, managers, educators, and students in the field of technical communication.
Download our brochure.
Highlights of the Year
We kept up pace with previous years and saw several major accomplishments:
- Our LinkedIn Group is maintaining a steady pace of growth with regular increases in membership. Search for STC Alberta on LinkedIn to join us.
- Continued success with our Social Media expansion with Twitter. In fact, in 2013, we were number 72 (up from 109 in 2012) out of 400 of Twitter’s top influencers. Search for @STCAlberta on Twitter, or view the feed from any page on our website.
- Continued collaboration with affiliate organizations to enhance the networking experience for our members and to offer a wider variety of events by sharing programming.
- Increased attendance at local events in Calgary and Edmonton.
- Built up membership numbers by highlighting numerous benefits and we’re working to build it up even more!
- Added numerous new volunteers throughout the year; check out our local super stars!
- And we’ve been busy with even more; check out our blog for the latest news.